If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my SeneGence review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if SeneGence a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining SeneGence because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other SeneGence reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if SeneGence is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with SeneGence. I stand neutral in the current development of the SeneGence business.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is SeneGence?
SeneGence International is an MLM company that sells cosmetics and skincare products. The company has been around for almost 20 years and its flagship product is LipSense.
LipSense is a lip color which is endorsed by celebrities and is widely used by the Broadway makeup artists.
SeneGence also offers other beauty products like anti-aging cream, skin and body care, and perfumes.
The company headquarters is in Alter Foothill Ranch, California
Who is the founder of SeneGence?
Joni Rogers-Kante founded SeneGence in 1999. The company has since become a recognized, international leader in the cosmetics industry.
Joni and her team (botanists and scientists) travel around the world to find unique ingredients for their original, patented and proprietary formulations.
What does SeneGence sell?
Senegence sells beauty and care products, the types that they sell are the following:
The flagship product is called LipSense which I’m sure you could guess is a lip based product. Senegence have a fairly extensive number of categories that they delve into and it definitely makes sense that they are involved in all the mentioned products.
They have a wide array of products being sold and marketed to both their distributors and retail customers. But their main focus is on anti-aging and personal care. They also provide the same product lines as Avon and Mary Kay just to name a few.
SeneGence also claims that:
- Their products are not tested on animals
- They use no animal bi-products
- They use naturally reoccurring natural ingredients
- Products are formulated with FDA approved ingredients
- Products are made under a “Pharmaceutical Grade” rated manufacturing facility
- Products are made in the USA for stringent quality control
- Products are Gluten and GMO-free (Most products, they say)
- LipSense does not contain any wax or lead.
How do you make money with SeneGence?
SeneGence International has an unilevel compensation plan, which for me is way easier to understand than a binary comp plan many other MLM’s are using.
There are two ways to earn money:
- Commission on retail sales/ Sales Income
- Commission on team sales and downline sales
To initially qualify for commissions a SeneGence affiliate must purchase 300 PV worth of product.
To qualify for commissions on an ongoing monthly basis, a SeneGence affiliate must purchase 100 PV of the product each month.
SeneGence affiliates earn a commission when they sell products to retail customers.
The SeneGence compensation plan doesn’t disclose how much of a retail commission is paid out per order.
SeneGence pay residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
SeneGence cap payable unilevel levels at five. Commissions are paid out as a percentage of the first 100 PV purchased by recruited affiliates in the unilevel team.
How many levels deep a SeneGence affiliate can earn is determined by how much they spend on products each month:
- purchase 100 PV worth of products and earn 10% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates), 20% on level 2 and 30% on level 3
- purchase 200 PV worth of products and earn 10% on level 1, 20% on level 2, 30% on level 3 and 5% on level 4
- purchase 200 PV and recruit at least five affiliates who are commission qualified and earn 10% on level 1, 20% on level 2, 30% on level 3 and 5% on levels 4 and 5
To earn residually on sales volume of 100 PV or more generated by unilevel team affiliates, a SeneGence affiliate must meet the following monthly qualification criteria:
- purchase 100 PV worth of products and earn 10% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- purchase 300 PV or more and earn 10% on level 1 and 6% on level 2
- purchase 300 PV or more and recruit at least five affiliates who each purchase 300 PV or more and earn 10% on level 1, 6% on level 2 and 4% on level 3
- purchase 300 PV or more, recruit five affiliates who purchase 300 PV or more, who have recruited five affiliates who purchase 300 PV or more, who have recruited five affiliates who purchase 300 PV or more, who have also recruited five affiliates who have purchased 300 PV or more (three levels of recruitment), and earn 10% on level 1, 6% on level 2, 4% on level 3 and 3% on level 4
- purchase 300 PV or more and have a downline who have each recruited five affiliates who have purchased 300 PV or more each down five levels of recruitment, and earn 10% on level 1, 6% on level 2, 4% on level 3, 3% on level 4 and 2% on level 5
How to join SeneGence?
To become a distributor, the fee to sign up is $55.
This will get you all the necessary marketing and training materials, but you won’t get any product.
To start up with some product (which you have to do if you want to sell anything), you can choose from two kits:
- Fast Start Pack ($1,195)
- Significant SeleSeller Pack ($795)
- Qualified Distributor Pack ($345)
- Glamour Demo Pack ($295)
- Lips Pack ($75)
In order to remain qualified, you need to sell at least 300 PV each month.
What are the Pros and Cons of SeneGence?
- SeneGence is a member of the DSA
- The company has been around almost two decades
- The products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA
- There are low start-up costs if you don’t buy the optional starter kits
- Good variety of products
- Monthly personal purchases of at least 100 PV ($200) required to qualify for bonus payments
- The rating with the BBB is only B- due to 80 (!) customer complaints
- Customer reviews regarding products are very mixed
- The company used to have products repeatedly out of stock which makes it hard to sell them; still an issue?
- No income disclosure statement available.
- The focus seems to be on personal purchases rather than sales to actual customers
- No transparency regarding additional fees
My Final Thoughts
Before you decide to join SeneGence. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join SeneGence, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in the SeneGence business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here! 😊
SeneGence is not a fit for you?
Now, if you feel that SeneGence isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join SeneGence or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.