You are doing research on Rodan and Fields because someone approached you about it and you want to know if this company is legit or a scam. That’s what we’re about to find out.
If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my Rodan and Fields review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if Rodan and Fields a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining Rodan and Fields because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other Rodan and Fields reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if Rodan and Fields is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with Rodan and Fields. I stand neutral in the current development of the Rodan and Fields business.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is Rodan and Fields?
Rodan and Fields is an MLM company that specializes in skincare products. It was founded in 2007 by Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields.
If you’re new to Rodan and Fields, it will give you some comfort to know that Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields are the original creators of the acne skincare product, Proactiv Solution. Rodan + Fields is similar to NuSkin and Neora (formerly known as Nerium International), and Jeunesse.
So, this is not a “fly-by-night” company, and the owners know a little something about business and skincare.
In 2002 they decided to launch their own skincare line. They initially sold their products in several high-end department stores and on infomercials. After several years on the shelf, they felt that word of mouth was a better way to sell. So in 2006, they stopped selling in stores. They had their own “House Call” where they showed the products to their friends. Rodan and Fields branched out and offered their products as the MLM opportunity space.
What do Rodan and Fields sell?
Rodan and Fields sell a comprehensive line of skincare products, which are broken down into four categories: Redefine, Reverse, Unblemish and Soothe. Redefine is designed for aging, Reverse for age spots and uneven skin tone, Unblemish for acne and acne breakouts and Soothe for sensitive, irritated skin conditions, such as rosacea. A line of enhancements supplements the range, including Enhancements Micro-Dermabrasion Paste, body lotion, and Active Hydration Bright Eye Complex. There’s also a small line of Dermacosmetics, which is makeup with skin-improving ingredients.
There are 6 skincare regimens (product lines) namely:
- Redefine ($20 ~$384) – For smoother, younger-looking skin, including products like cleaning mask, toner, eye cream, serum, etc.
- Reverse ($42~$376) – Address skin discoloration to help you either brighten dull skin or lighten dark spots. (e.g. sunscreen, exfoliating wash, brightening/lightening toner, skin treatment, etc.)
- Unblemish ($30~$320) – Reduce existing acne and prevent new blemishes (e.g Acne treatment, clarifying toner)
- Soothe ($42~$311) – Reduce visible redness and calm sensitive skin (e.g. Sensitive skin treatment, replenishing cream, gentle cream wash)
- Essentials – Daily skincare essentials (e.g. Body moisturizer, sunscreen, Vitamin D supplement)
- Enhancements – Optimize results of all the regimens listed above
How does the Rodan and Fields business model work?
To become a consultant, applicants need a sponsor — someone already in the organization who introduced them to Rodan + Fields. If an applicant doesn’t have a sponsor, Rodan + Fields will assign one.
The cost of becoming a Rodan + Fields consultant can be minimal. The basic business kit costs $45, which includes information about the company and its business model. That’s a small price, especially compared to how much some business owners spend to launch a startup or buy a franchise. Few people would need to take out a business loan to start as a consultant. The more elaborate business kits and portfolio packages include product samples and other business tools, and it can range from a few hundred dollars to around a thousand, according to part-time consultant Sarah Thiel. And the priciest kits may require some to charge them to a business credit card or take out a small loan.
Consultants get their own company-branded website, where sales are placed and fulfilled. Because products are ordered online, consultants aren’t required to purchase samples, though the more expensive business kits include products. (You can use the BusinessLauncher tool in your free account to turn your side hustle into a small business.)
What are the pros and cons of Rodan and Fields?
Here are the Pros:
- Established Products
- Low Upfront Costs
- Commissions and Bonuses
- No Inventory Requirements
- DSA Member
Here are the Cons:
- Expensive Products
- Skin Irritants
- Potential Company Sale
- Low Earning Potential
How to join Rodan and Fields?
To get started you need to purchase a $45 Business Portfolio, which is the Consultant Starter Kit.
But that doesn’t come with any of the products. All you get is some training and beginner materials.
They have 3 different product packages:
- Personal Results Kit ($395)
- Big Business Launch Kit ($695)
- RFx Express Business Kit ($995)
Rodan and Fields compensation plan
The Rodan and Fields compensation plan provides 5 ways to make money. These include the following:
- Retail Profits – Buy products at wholesale prices, sell them at retail price and earn the difference
- Consultant Commissions – Commissions made from selling startup packages to consultants (e.g. The $45 business portfolio that is required to become a consultant)
- Personal Team Commissions – Commissions made from the sales your team (aka your downline) makes
- Generation Commissions – Additional commissions made when both you and your downline advance to the rank of Level 1 Executive Consultant and beyond
- Performance Bonuses – Bonuses for achieving higher ranks or certain achievements. This can include holiday rewards, cars rewards, etc.
My Final Thoughts
Before you decide to join Rodan and Fields. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join Rodan and Fields, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in the Rodan and Fields business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here!
Rodan and Fields Is Not A Fit For You?
Now, if you feel that Rodan and Fields isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join Rodan and Fields or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.