You are doing research on Purium because someone approached you about it and you want to know if this company is legit or a scam. That’s what we’re about to find out.
If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my Purium review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if Purium is a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining Purium because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other Purium reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if Purium is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with Purium. I stand neutral in the current development of the Purium business.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is Purium?
Purium is an MLM company that manufactures supplements related to health and wellness. Founded in 1993, the company has a variety of different products. The company is similar to other MLM companies such as NHT Global, Nature’s Sunshine and Modere.
Their products are said to help in losing weight, increasing performance, detoxifying, and much more. As an MLM company, they also provide an opportunity to make money.
The company was founded by David Sandoval and Amy Venner-Hamdi. It is a subsidiary of California-based Organic by Nature, which produces Purium brand products.
Distributors make money by selling the products or recruiting people to become members. The company’s products can help in losing weight and improving your health and you can really make money with their opportunity.
What does Purium sell?
Purium Health’s main product is its 10-Day Transformation Program. The program promises you the chance to lose 5 to 20 pounds while also re-setting your metabolism in a 10-day span. The kit for the program includes a handful of the company’s products, as well as a gym bag, tape measure, and instructional guide.
In total, Purium Health has over 100 products that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Weight Loss – A series of shakes, supplements, and meal replacements, some of which are included in the 10-Day Transformation Program.
- Athletes – Shakes and supplements designed to enhance athletic performance, including a 10-Day Transformation Program specifically designed for athletes.
- Anti-Aging – Supplements and skin creams designed to fight the effects of aging, including products specifically geared toward joint health, heart health, and other specific parts of the body.
- Family Nutrition – A line primarily composed of meals and products designed for children’s health.
- Greens – Organic juices and supplements produced from a variety of green plants.
The Purium compensation plan
The Purium compensation plan pays affiliates when they sell Purium products to retail customers.
Residual commissions are paid out via a unilevel compensation structure, along with a significant number of performance-based bonuses.
Purium Affiliate Ranks
There are eighteen ranks within the Purium compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Member – sign up as a Purium affiliate
- Associate – qualify for MLM commissions (50 PV a month)
- Builder – recruit at least one MLM commissions qualified affiliate and have a total monthly downline volume of 300 GV
- Consultant – recruit at least two MLM commissions qualified affiliates and have a total monthly downline volume of 1000 GV
- Director – recruit at least three MLM commissions qualified affiliates and have a total monthly downline volume of 2500 GV
- Executive – recruit at least four MLM commissions qualified affiliates and have a total monthly downline volume of 6000 GV
- Diamond – maintain at least 100 PV a month, recruit at least six MLM commissions qualified affiliates (three Consultants or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 15,000 GV
- Green Diamond – maintain at least 100 PV a month, maintain at least six MLM commissions qualified affiliates (three Directors or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 30,000 GV
- Blue Diamond – maintain at least 100 PV a month, maintain at least six MLM commissions qualified affiliates (three Executives or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 50,000 GV
- Black Diamond – maintain at least 100 PV a month, maintain at least six MLM commissions qualified affiliates (one Diamond and two Executives or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 75,000 GV
- Red Diamond – maintain at least 100 PV a month, maintain at least six MLM commissions qualified affiliates (two Diamonds and one Executive or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 100,000 GV
- Crown – maintain at least 200 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least twelve MLM commissions qualified affiliates (one Blue Diamond and two Diamonds or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 150,000 GV
- 2-Star Crown – maintain at least 200 PV a month, maintain at least twelve MLM commissions qualified affiliates (two Blue Diamonds and one Diamond or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 200,000 GV
- 3-Star Crown – maintain at least 200 PV a month, maintain at least twelve MLM commissions qualified affiliates (three Blue Diamonds or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 300,000 GV
- 4-Star Crown – maintain at least 200 PV a month, maintain at least twelve MLM commissions qualified affiliates (four Blue Diamonds or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 400,000 GV
- 5-Star Crown – maintain at least 200 PV a month, maintain at least twelve MLM commissions qualified affiliates (five Blue Diamonds or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 500,000 GV
- Royal Crown I – maintain at least 200 PV a month, maintain at least twelve MLM commissions qualified affiliates (three Crowns or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 750,000 GV
- Royal Crown II – maintain at least 200 PV a month, maintain at least twelve MLM commissions qualified affiliates (three Crown Diamonds or higher) and have a total monthly downline volume of 1,000,000 GV
The specific rank requirements of recruited affiliates for Crown to 5-Star Crown affiliates are waived if 50% of their qualifying GV comes from any one unilevel leg.
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail orders and an affiliate’s own purchase of Purium products.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is sales volume generated across a Purium affiliate’s eight level deep unilevel team (9 levels for Crown or higher ranked affiliates).
Purium pay affiliates a 15% commission on retail product orders.
If an affiliate has a 50 PV or more monthly autoship, the retail commission rate is increased to 30%.
Affiliates who are also licensed/certified health professionals and who also purchased at least 500 BV of product when they signed up earn a 45% retail commission.
MLM Commission Qualification
To qualify for MLM commissions a Purium affiliate must generate 50 PV a month.
When a Purium customer recruits a new who affiliate who signs up with a Get Started Enrollment Pack (any of the three), they receive a $50 commission.
- $75 is paid out on the recruitment of up to two Gold Enrollment Pack affiliates a week
- the first Platinum Enrollment Pack recruited affiliate pays a $150 commission, a second in a week pays $150, a third and fourth pays $200 each and a fifth or more pays $250 each
- the first Launch Enrollment Pack recruited affiliate pays a $250 commission, a second in a week pays $250, a third and fourth pays $300 each and a fifth or more pays $350 each
First Order Bonus
The First Order Bonus is a commission paid on the first order placed by recruited affiliates and retail customers.
The First Order Bonus is paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Purium cap the First Order Bonus at four levels. How many levels an affiliate earns the First Order Bonus on depends on their rank:
- Associate – 25% on level 1 (personal retail customers and personally recruited affiliates)
- Builder – 25% on level 1 and 5% on level 2
- Consultant – 25% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 and 3
- Director – 25% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 4
Like The First Order Bonus, residual commissions in Purium are also paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
Purium affiliates can earn a percentage of downline sales volume within their unilevel team.
How many unilevel levels a Purium affiliate can earn on is determined by their rank:
- Associate – 5% on level 1
- Builder – 5% on levels 1 and 2
- Consultant – 5% on levels 1 to 4
- Director – 5% on levels 1 to 5
- Executive – 5% on levels 1 to 6 and 3% on level 7
- Diamond – 5% on levels 1 to 6 and 3% on levels 7 and 8
The Infinity Bonus is a generation bonus that allows a Purium affiliate to earn beyond eight unilevel levels.
Starting at the Green Diamond rank, a Purium affiliate earns a 2% Infinity Bonus on one generation from level 9.
At the Green Diamond rank, a generation is defined up until another Green Diamond or higher ranked affiliate is found in that leg (after level 9).
Blue Diamond and higher ranked affiliates earn a 2% Infinity Bonus on two generations.
At the Blue Diamond and higher ranks, a generation is defined up until another Blue Diamond or higher ranked affiliate is found in that leg.
A Matching Bonus on residual commissions is available down four levels of recruitment.
How many levels a Purium affiliate earns the Matching Bonus on is determined by rank:
- Diamond – 10% on level 1
- Green and Blue Diamond – 10% on level 1 and 5% on level 2
- Black and Red Diamond – 10 on levels 1 and 2
- Crown and 2-Star Crown – 10% on levels 1 and 2 and 5% on level 3
- 3-Star Crown to 5-Star Crown – 10% on levels 1 to 3
- Royal Crown II – 10% on levels 1 to 4
- Royal Crown II – 10% on levels 1 to 3 and 20% on level 4
Rank Achievement Bonus
The Rank Achievement Bonus is a time-sensitive bonus that rewards Purium affiliates for qualifying at certain ranks.
- qualify as a Consultant within three months and earn $50 ($50 also paid to the direct upline)
- qualify as a Director within four months and earn $100 ($100 also paid to the direct upline)
- qualify as an Executive within 5 months and earn $200 ($200 also paid to the direct upline)
A $500 Rank Achievement Bonus is paid upon qualification as a Diamond (no time-limit).
The Lifestyle Bonus is a monthly bonus paid to Diamond and higher ranked Purium affiliates.
- Diamond – $300
- Green Diamond – $600
- Blue Diamond – $1200
- Black Diamond – $180
- Red Diamond – $2500
- Crown – $3000
- 2-Star Crown – $4000
- 3-Star Crown – $5000
- 4-Star Crown – $7500
- 5-Star Crown and higher – $10,000
Diamond and Crown Pools
The Diamond Pool is two smaller pools, each made up of 1% of Purium’s US sales volume.
Diamond (1 share), Green Diamond (2 shares) and Blue Diamond (3 shares) affiliates are grouped in one 1% pool.
The other 1% Diamond pool is paid to Black Diamond (1 share) and Red Diamond (2 shares) affiliates.
The Crown Pool is made up of 3% of Purium’s US sales volume.
Shares in the Crown Pool are allocated to Crown ranked affiliates and higher as follows:
- Crown ranked affiliates receive 1 share
- 2-Star Crown ranked affiliates receive 2 shares
- 3-Star Crown ranked affiliates receive 3 shares
- 4-Star Crown ranked affiliates receive 4 shares
- 5-Star Crown ranked affiliates and higher receive 5 shares
Diamond and higher ranked affiliates receive one-time and annual travel-based incentives.
Diamond ranked affiliates go on a Diamond trip to tour
Blue Diamond ranked affiliates visit Sandoval’s private retreat for 4 days and 3 nights.
Crown and higher ranked affiliates go on an annual “Crown Trip”.
How to join Purium
For $49, the basic pack comes with 5 gift cards and an electronic member kit.
These options include some perks as well:
- Marketing and Training materials, the Purium Brand Partner Starter Kit
- 1-year of Dreams platform (valued at $99)
- The Green Bible, the book by co-founder David Sandoval
- A shaker bottle
- Unlimited $50 gift cards for one year, start with 100 gift cards
- 15 European gift cards (value €50)
- QV 200 with $199
- Achievement bonus activation
What are the pros and cons of Purium?
Here are the pros:
- Purium has a BBB rating of A+ with mostly positive reviews and no complaints at all.
- There is no membership fee for people who want to save money on products, only a minimum order of $75.
- Purium offers a 60-day money-back guarantee which is great considering the high price tag for most products.
- The compensation plan is easy to understand and I do like the unique marketing strategy by giving out gift cards rather than doing the hard sell.
Here are the cons:
- Brand Partner has to have monthly product purchases of at least 50 BV to remain active and ultimately be eligible to earn commissions.
- The products are quite expensive even with a $50 discount, you can get similar products that are cheaper on Amazon.
- The earning potential is very low unless you advance to at least Green Diamond (the seventh rank!) which only 0.47% of active Associates have achieved in 2015.
My final thoughts
Before you decide to join Purium. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join Purium, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in Purium business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here! 😊
Purium Is Not A Fit For You?
Now, if you feel that Purium isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join Purium or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.