You are doing research on Maskcara Beauty because someone approached you about it and you want to know if this company is legit or a scam. That’s what we’re about to find out.
If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my Maskcara Beauty review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if Maskcara Beauty a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining Maskcara Beauty because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other Maskcara Beauty reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if Maskcara Beauty is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with Maskcara Beauty. I stand neutral in the current development of the Maskcara Beauty business.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is Maskcara Beauty?
Maskcara Beauty is an MLM company that focuses on makeup products. The company is based out of Utah.
The company was founded and started by Cara Brook back in 2013.
The name “Maskcara” seems to be a play on words with one of the popular makeup names and the owner’s name is “Cara”.
Maskcara looks like it has 3 different websites which are:
- maskcara.com – (the main company website)
- maskcarabeauty.com – (the website that focuses on the makeup and offers how-to tutorials and how to locate a rep)
- maskcarahq.com – (the website that focuses on the income opportunity side of the company and details on the compensation plan)
Cara started out being a blogger that was selling beauty products that were branded under the Maskcara name before the actual MLM business started.
What does Maskcara Beauty sell?
Maskcara Beauty offers a variety of products:
- Face – Highlight, Contour, Lip and Cheek, Illuminator, Setting Powder, Bronzer
- Eyes – Eyeshadow
- Skin – MILK, Lip Conditioner, Setting Spray
- Brushes and Tools – Compacts, Brushes, and Tools
- New Releases
The Maskcara Beauty compensation plan
Maskcara’s compensation plan is a combination of retail sales and unilevel team residual commissions.
There is also a Generation Bonus that adds to the available residual commissions, as well as additional performance-based bonuses.
Maskcara Affiliate Ranks
The Maskcara compensation plan features 10 affiliate ranks:
Each rank has its own qualification criteria:
- Hac.er – Sign up as a Maskcara affiliate
- Elite Hac.er – Generate at least 240 PV a month and 640 accumulated PV
- Top Hac.er – Maintain at least 240 PV and generate 800 GV a month and generate and maintain at least two active legs
- Ambassador – Generate and maintain at least 480 PV and 2000 GV a month and generate and maintain at least three active legs (one Top Hac.er)
- Elite Ambassador – Maintain at least 480 PV and generate 4000 GV a month and generate and maintain at least four active legs (one Top Hac.er and one Ambassador)
- Top Ambassador – Maintain at least 480 PV and generate 8000 GV a month and generate and maintain at least five active legs (one Ambassador and one Elite Ambassador)
- Influencer – Generate and maintain at least 720 PV and 20,000 GV a month and generate and maintain at least five active legs (one Elite Ambassador and one Top Ambassador)
- Elite Influencer – Maintain at least 720 PV and generate 40,000 GV a month and generate and maintain at least six active legs (two Top Ambassadors and one Influencer)
- Top Influencer – Maintain at least 720 PV and generate 80,000 GV a month and generate and maintain at least seven active legs (three Top Ambassadors, one Influencer and one Elite Influencer)
- Executive Director – Maintain at least 720 PV and generate 160,000 GV a month and generate and maintain at least seven active legs (three Top Ambassadors, one Influencer and one Top Influencer)
PV = “Personal Volume” – Sales volume accumulated by retail sales and the affiliate’s own orders.
GV = “Group Volume” – PV accumulated by the affiliate and their downline.
“Active Leg” = unilevel team leg that includes at least one Elite Hac.er or higher ranked affiliate who was directly or indirectly sponsored into the team
It should be noted that the required GV at any rank cannot exceed 40% from any one unilevel leg.
Maskcara affiliates start earning at a base 20% retail commission rate.
Affiliate retail commission rates can increase to 40% based on weekly PV production.
- Generate 1 to 319 PV in a week = base 20% retail commission rate
- Generate 320 to 639 PV in a week = 25% retail commission rate for that week
- Generate 640 to 1599 PV in a week = 30% retail commission rate for that week
- Generate 1600 to 3199 PV in a week = 35% retail commission rate for that week
- Generate 3200 or more PV in a week = 40% retail commission rate for that week
Residual commissions are tracked and paid through a unilevel compensation structure.
This type of compensation structure puts an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team that places every personally sponsored affiliate right under them on level 1.
When level 1 affiliates sponsor new affiliates, they are put on the 2nd level of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
When level 2 affiliates sponsor new affiliates, they are put on the 3rd level, and this continues down as many levels as are needed.
Payable unilevel team levels are capped at five.
Residual commissions payments are a percentage of the sales volume accumulated throughout these 5 levels as follows:
- Elite Hac.er – 3% on level 1 (personally sponsored affiliates)
- Top Hac.er – 3% on levels 1 and 2
- Ambassador – 4% on levels 1 and 2 and 2% on level 3
- Elite Ambassador – 4% on levels 1 and 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on level 4
- Top Ambassador and higher – 5% on levels 1 and 2, 4% on level 3, 3% on level 3 and 2% on level 5
The Generation Bonus is how Maskcara affiliates can earn beyond the first 5 levels of their unilevel team.
A generation is described as when an Influencer and higher ranked affiliate is present in a unilevel leg.
Once that Influencer is found, affiliates under are considered to be the first generation of that unilevel leg.
If there is a second Influencer or higher ranked affiliate further down the leg, the first generation is capped off there and the second generation begins right after them.
If there are no more Influencer or higher ranked affiliates then the first generation continues down the full length of that leg.
With this generation setup, Influencer and higher ranked Maskcara affiliates can earn the Generation Bonus for up to 3 generations per unilevel team leg:
- Influencers earn a 3% Generation Bonus on up to one generation per unilevel team leg
- Elite Influencers earn a 3% Generation Bonus on up to two generations
- Top Influencers and Executive Directors earn a 3% Generation Bonus on the first two generations and 4% on the third
The Enroller Bonus is a percentage bonus on PV accumulated by personally sponsored affiliates.
- Elite and Top Hac.ers receive a 5% Enroller Bonus
- Ambassador and Elite Ambassadors receive a 6% Enroller Bonus
- Top Ambassador and higher ranked affiliates receive a 7% Enroller Bonus
Due to the fact that PV can be retail sales or an affiliate’s own purchases, this bonus doubles as potential retail and sponsor-based bonus.
Personal Leader Bonus
The Personal Leader Bonus is based on a percentage of Personal Leader Group volume.
Maskcara affiliates ranked at Influencer and higher qualify for a 2% Personal Leader Bonus.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t actually find a description of what a Personal Leader Group is.
How to join Maskcara Beauty
The cost to join Maskcara as an affiliate is $199 for a Basic Artist Kit or $399 for a Pro Artist Kit.
The only difference between the two kits is that the Pro Artist Kit comes with more bundled Maskcara products.
What are the pros and cons of Maskcara Beauty?
Here are the pros:
- Teaches entrepreneurial skills
- Good earning potential if done right
Here are the cons:
- Climb the ranks to earn more
- Building a strong team is a challenge
- Support can be developed
- 95% of Maskcara members do not make money
My final thoughts
Before you decide to join Maskcara Beauty. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join Maskcara Beauty, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in the Maskcara Beauty business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here! 😊
Maskcara Beauty Is Not A Fit For You?
Now, if you feel that Maskcara Beauty isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join Maskcara Beauty or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.