You are doing research on LifeVantage because someone approached you about it and you want to know if this company is legit or a scam. That’s what we’re about to find out.
If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my Life Vantage review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if LifeVantage a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining LifeVantage because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other Life Vantage reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if LifeVantage is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with Life Vantage. I stand neutral in the current development of the LifeVantage business.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is LifeVantage?
LifeVantage is an MLM company dedicated to helping people reach their health and wellness goals through science-based solutions to oxidative stress.
Founded in 2003, LifeVantage develops nutraceutical products, including Protandim, that leverage the company’s expertise and that are intended to deliver significant health benefits to consumers. The company is similar to Neora, Jeunesse, and Nu Skin.
The company is based out of California.
LifeVanage is lead by Dave S. Manovich, Executive Vice Chairman, and the company’s mission statement reads:
“LifeVantage Corporation is a company dedicated to helping people achieve their health, wellness, and financial independence goals. We provide quality, scientifically-validated products and a financially rewarding network marketing business opportunity to customers and independent distributors who seek a healthy lifestyle and financial freedom”
Who are the leaders behind LifeVantage?
- Darren Jensen – President & CEO
- Justin Rose – Chief Sales Officer
- Ryan Goodwin – Chief Marketing Officer
- Robert M. Urban – Chief Operating Officer
- Mark Jaggi – Chief Financial Officer
- Michelle Oborn – Senior VP Human Resources
- Bea Washington – Senior VP Legal Affairs
- Moy Chambers – Senior VPIT
- Dave Fleming – Senior VP Field Development
- Nathalie Chevreau – Senior VP R&D
- Courtland Pearson – Senior VP International
- Eric Marchant – VP Compliance
What products does Life Vantage offer?
LifeVantage’s products revolve around looking younger, getting healthier and wealthier.
They have a solid product line that covers all these aspects, including your pets!
These are their main products:
- Protandim (Nutritionals) – This is their flagship product which is also the most controversial. It’s basically a dietary supplement. (Also available for dogs!)
- TrueScience (Beauty) – A series of skincare products which include a facial cleanser, perfection lotion, eye serum, and anti-aging cream.
- PhysIQ (Fitness) – Supplements that help you lose weight, burn fat and supplement protein.
- AXIO (Energy) – Energy drink that claims to help you not just for your physical body, but also for your brain to increase focus, clarity, concentration, and alertness.
What is Protandim (The Nrf2 Synergizer)?
This is the “Flagship” of LifeVantage and described as ‘Protandim activates the body’s natural ability to reduce age-related symptoms on the cellular level. Protandim reduces oxidative stress in humans by an average of 40 percent in 30 days. It activates Nrf2 to communicate with your DNA to deliver a biochemical wake-up call to your genes.
How does the LifeVantage business model work?
LifeVantage also provides individuals with the opportunity to sell their supplements as an independent Distributor, which the company claims have more than 67,000 as of the end of the 2013 fiscal year.
When compared to other MLM companies, LifeVantage claims to offer a real opportunity for real people that can help them feel good and lead a healthy life, while moving them toward financial independence.
LifeVantage claims to have a compensation plan like no other, which includes a variety of bonuses and pools, as well as royalty commissions.
The company claims to have created a proven system that can help you improve your chances for success, which they’ve named the Master Track program.
This system is claimed to include a training manual, weekly training programs, training calls, conference calls, personal mentoring, monthly training meetings, quarterly events, and annual conventions, in addition to incentives and promotions.
The Life Vantage compensation plan
There are 6 ways to earn money with LifeVantage:
1. Fast Start Bonus
2. Royalty Commission
3. Platinum Pool
4. Generational Matching Bonus
5. Fast Start Bonus Pool
6. Elite Pool
LifeVantage Affiliate Ranks
There are twelve affiliate ranks within the LifeVantage compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- PRO1 – generate at least 100 PV and 1000 GV a month and recruit and maintain at least one commission qualified affiliate
- PRO2 – maintain at least 100 PV a month, generate at least 2500 GV a month and recruit and maintain at least two commission qualified affiliates
- PRO3 – maintain at least 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 GV a month and maintain at least two personally recruited commission qualified affiliates
- PRO4 – generate and maintain at least 200 PV and 10,000 GV a month and maintain at least two personally recruited commission qualified affiliates
- PRO5 – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 20,000 GV a month and recruit and maintain at least three commission qualified affiliates
- PRO6 – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 50,000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited commission qualified affiliates
- PRO7 – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 100,000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited commission qualified affiliates
- PRO8 – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 200,000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited commission qualified affiliates
- PRO9 – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 500,000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited commission qualified affiliates
- PRO10 – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 1,000,000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited commission qualified affiliates
- Executive Master – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 2,000,000 GV a month and recruit and maintain at least four commission qualified affiliates
- Presidential Master – maintain at least 200 PV a month, generate at least 5,000,000 GV a month and recruit and maintain at least five commission qualified affiliates
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail customer orders and an affiliate’s own purchase of products.
At least 40 PV of any required amount must be purchased by an affiliate.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Note that the following additional GV qualification criteria apply:
- PRO2 to PRO4 – up to 80% of required GV can be sourced from any one uni-level team leg
- PRO5 to PRO9 – up to 60% of required GV can be sourced from the largest leg, 30% from the second-largest and 10% from the third
- PRO10 – up to 40% of required GV can be sourced from two legs and up to 20% from a third largest
- Executive Master – up to 40% of required GV can be sourced from two legs and 10% from a third and fourth
- Presidential Master – up to 40% of required GV can be sourced from the largest leg, up to 35% from the second largest, up to 10% from the third and fourth largest and up to 5% from the fifth-largest
Finally, note that Pro10 and higher ranks must be held for three consecutive months before qualification is achieved.
To qualify for MLM commissions, each LifeVantage affiliate must generate at least 100 PV a month.
40 PV must be an affiliate’s own product order(s).
LifeVantage affiliates are paid a commission when they sell products to retail customers.
Retail commissions paid out are the difference between the wholesale and retail cost of products ordered.
LifeVantage pays residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A uni-level compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a uni-level team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
LifeVantage caps payable unilevel team levels at nine.
How many levels a LifeVantage affiliate earns residual commissions on is determined by rank:
- PRO1 affiliates earn 2% on level 1 and 5% on level 2
- PRO2 affiliates earn 2% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 9% on level 3 and 5% on level 4
- PRO3 affiliates earn 2% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 9% on level 3 and 5% on levels 4 and 5
- PRO4 affiliates earn 2% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 9% on level 3 and 5% on levels 4 to 6
- PRO5 affiliates earn 2% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 9% on level 3 and 5% on levels 4 to 7
- PRO6 affiliates earn 2% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 9% on level 3 and 5% on levels 4 to 8
- PRO7 and higher affiliates earn 2% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 9% on level 3 and 5% on levels 4 to 9
PRO5 affiliates are able to apply for an additional unilevel position within their existing uni-level team.
PRO7 affiliates can apply for a third position and PRO10 affiliates for a fourth.
Additional uni-level team positions effectively allow an affiliate to earn multiple times on sales volume generated under additional positions.
Additional uni-level positions have their own rank, which must be qualified for in order to earn residual commissions.
Generational Matching Bonus
PRO3 and higher ranked LifeVantage affiliates earn a Generational Matching Bonus on residual commissions earned by their downline.
The Generational Matching Bonus is tracked via the uni-level team and pays out as follows:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 10% matching bonus on earned residual commissions
- levels 2 to 5 – 5% matching bonus on earned residual commissions
Note that to qualify for the Generational Matching Bonus, a PRO3 or higher ranked LifeVantage affiliate must be generating at least 200 PV a month.
If an affiliate is generating 100 to 199 PV a month (100 of which is a new volume for that month), they will receive 50% of the Generational Matching Bonus.
For PRO3 to PRO6 ranked affiliates, 100 PV of the required amount each month must be the volume from new retail customers and/or recruited affiliates.
PRO7 and higher ranked affiliates are exempt from having to generate new volumes each month.
Smart Start Bonus (recruitment)
The Smart Start Bonus recruitment commission is paid on the recruitment of new affiliates who sign up with a product pack.
- Silver Pack – $300
- Gold Pack – $600
- Platinum Pack – $1200
LifeVantage affiliates who generate 200 PV a month earn a 40% Smart Start Bonus, paid on the above product packs.
Affiliates who generate 100 to 199 PV a month earn a 30% Smart Start Bonus.
Smart Start Bonus (preferred customers)
The Smart Start Bonus preferred customer commission is paid on a preferred customer’s first monthly order.
A preferred customer is a retail customer who has agreed to place a monthly auto-ship order, in exchange for a discount.
Smart Start Bonuses for preferred customer orders are the same as recruitment:
- 40% if an affiliate is generating 200 PV or more a month; or
- 30% if an affiliate is generating 100 to 199 PV a month.
The Launch Bonus is a coded bonus paid on product packs purchased by preferred customers and newly recruited affiliates.
The bonus itself is paid based on rank, with each rank getting a certain amount of the bonus.
Silver Packs pay
- $12.50 to PRO3 and PRO4, PRO5 and PRO6 and PRO7 to PRO9
- $6.25 to PRO10
- $3.75 to Executive Master and
- $2.50 to Presidential Master
Gold Packs pay
- $25 to PRO3 and PRO4, PRO5 and PRO6 and PRO7 to PRO9
- $12.50 to PRO10
- $7.50 to Executive Master and
- $5 to Presidential Master
Platinum Packs pay
- $50 to PRO3 and PRO4, PRO5 and PRO6 and PRO7 to PRO9
- $25 to PRO10
- $15 to Executive Master and
- $10 to Presidential Master
As I understand it the referring affiliate is paid the Launch Bonus at their rank.
The system then looks upline to pay the remaining rank bonuses out.
E.g. for a Silver Pack $12.50 is paid to the first found PRO3 or PRO4 affiliate. Another $12.50 is paid to the first found PRO5 or PRO6 affiliate and so on and so forth.
Note that in order to qualify for the Launch Bonus, a LifeVantage affiliate must be generating at least 200 PV a month.
Elite Bonus Pool
LifeVantage takes 4% of company-wide sales volume and place it into the Elite Bonus Pool.
PRO7 and higher ranked affiliates qualify for a share in the Elite Bonus Pool.
The Elite Bonus Pool is split up into four smaller 1% pools, corresponding with ranks PRO7 to PRO10.
- PRO7 affiliates earn a share in the PRO7 pool
- PRO8 affiliates earn a share in the PRO7 and PRO8 pools
- PRO9 affiliates earn a share in the PRO7, PRO8 and PRO9 pools
- PRO10 and higher ranked affiliates earn a share in all four Elite Bonus Pools
Rank Achievement Bonus
LifeVantage affiliates are rewarded for qualifying at the PRO10 and higher ranks with the following one-time bonuses:
- PRO10 – $100,000 over twelve months
- Executive Master – $250,000 over twenty-four months
- Presidential Master – $500,000 over twenty-four months
Note that rank must be maintained over the entire payout period.
How to join Life Vantage
LifeVantage affiliate membership is $50 plus shipping.
An affiliate can also opt to sign up with an additional enrollment pack:
- Silver Pack – $300
- Gold Pack – $600
- Platinum Pack – $1200
The only difference between the packs and the regular affiliate membership option is bundled products.
The pros and cons of LifeVantage?
Here are the pros:
- The joining fee is relatively low at $50 for the Start Kit.
- LifeVantage is a member of the DSA.
- Commission payments are weekly.
- The BBB rating is A+ with mixed reviews. Read them here.
Here are the cons:
- Distributors must have personal purchases of at least 40 PV a month to qualify for commissions. These are additional monthly costs to you before you even earn any money.
- The flagship product Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer is controversial with studies that have shown side effects for consumers and no proven evidence that it works.
- The compensation plan is complex and hard to understand.
- It is not clear, how distributors are actually selling the products and recruiting new distributors. All I found is that there is an app, and “professionally-designed training materials.” The emphasis seems to be on motivational company-sponsored events.
- I don’t like the fact that LifeVantage is using animal testing. A big ‘NO’ for me.
- The income potential is low and only a small percentage of distributors earn a decent income.
My Final Thoughts
Before you decide to join Life Vantage. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join LifeVantage, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in the Life Vantage business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here!
Life Vantage Is Not A Fit For You?
Now, if you feel that LifeVantage isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join Life Vantage or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.