If this your first time here on my website, let me be the first to welcome you to my website!
If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my ITworks review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if ITworks a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
More information about this program will be at the end of this post.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining ITWorks because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other ITWorks reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if Young Living is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with ITWorks.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is ITWorks?
ItWorks is an MLM company offering a wide range of products including slimming body wraps, greens powders, skincare treatments, essential oils, KetoWorks supplements, and Lifestyle probiotics and shakes.
These products are intended to help:
- Promote weight loss
- Tighten and tone the skin
- Enhancing beauty
- Boost physical performance
- Improve overall health and wellness
The company launched in 2001 and is headquartered in Florida, USA.
Since then, they have expanded all around the world including Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, UK, New Zealand, and Canada.
Although the company started by selling body wraps it is now considered an MLM focusing on Direct Sales.
In fact, ItWorks is ranked as one of the top 15 most profitable Direct Sale companies in North America.
They made over half a billion dollars which is unreal considering there is a lot of competition for health & wellness products.
The company’s business model is similar to My Daily Choice, NHT Global, and Melaleuca.
Who are the leaders behind ITWorks?
Mark and Cindy Pentecost founded the company back in 2001 by selling the Ultimate Body Applicator (aka Crazy Wrap), the company’s flagship product.
Mark Pentecost was originally a public school teacher in Michigan.
He also worked for a few direct-sales companies before realizing the way to make real money was to start his own.
All he needed was a product and eventually settled on the body wrap idea, which his wife Cindy was willing to try out.
She loved it so much that she immediately called a friend to share her results.
“That was when I knew that we had a perfect product for direct selling,” Mark explained.
What products does ITWorks offer?
There are 7 product categories to choose from.
• Ultimate Body Applicator – $59
• Defining Gel – $45
• Fab Wrap – $5
• It Works! WOW – $46
• Facial – $59
• Toner – $33
• Cleanser – $33
• Repairage – $29
• Stretch Mark – $39
• Preventage – $25
• Hair Skin Nails – $33
• Lip & Eye – $29
• Exploiting Peel – $36
This section has many products so I will only list a few examples
• Greens Blend Orange – $33
• Greens Blend Value Size Orange – $79
• Greens On The Go Blend Orange – $35
• Greens Blend Berry – $33
• It Works! Probiotic – $31
• It Works! Cleanse – $36
• Energy 12- Pack – $29
• Advanced Formula Fat Fighter – $23
• Confianza – $25
• It’s Vital Minerals – $23
• Lavender Essential Oil – $23
• Tea Tree Essential Oil – $19
• Lemon Essential Oil – $18
• Eucalyptus Essential Oil – $15
• Essential Set – $95
• It Works! Essential Oils – $59
• Wrap Pack – $69
• Ultimate Pack(CHOC) – $279
• Ultimate Pack(VAN) – $279
• Skinny Pack – $112
• It Pack Berry – $179
• It Pack Orange – $179
• Fit Pack(CHOC) – $179
• Fit Pack(VAN) – $179
• It Works! System – $147
• It Works! Blender Bottle – $17
As you can see there are a lot of products which is a good thing.
You have a wide variety of products to market and this means your potential customer base is pretty big.
It is also a good time to state that 68% of American adults, take multivitamins or some other health pill on a daily basis, making It Works products viable.
The It Works compensation plan revolves around a unilevel commissions structure, paying out distributors a range of bonuses and commissions based on their sales, the sales of their downlines and their distributor rank.
ItWorks Compensation Plan
There are nine distributor ranks within the It Works compensation plan, and along with their respective qualification criteria they are as follows:
- Distributor – $150 Personal Business Volume (PBV) a month or $80 autoship
- Executive – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 2 “qualified” unilevel legs
- Ruby Executive – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 3 “qualified” unilevel legs (one must be Executive ranked)
- Emerald Executive – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 4 “qualified” unilevel legs (two must be Ruby Executive ranked), or a monthly downline sales volume of at least $8000
- Diamond – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 5 qualified legs (one at least one Ruby leg and one Emerald leg), or a monthly downline sales volume of at least $10,000
- Double Diamond – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 5 qualified legs (one at least one Emerald Executive leg and one Diamond leg), or a monthly downline sales volume of at least $25,000
- Triple Diamond – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 5 qualified legs (one at least two Diamond legs and one Double Diamond leg), or a monthly downline sales volume of at least $50,000
- Presidential Diamond – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 5 qualified legs (one at least two Diamond legs, one Double Diamond leg and one Triple Diamond leg), or a monthly downline sales volume of at least $100,000
- Ambassador Diamond – $150 PBV a month or $80 autoship, plus 5 qualified legs (one at least two Double Diamond legs and two Triple Diamond legs and one Presidential leg), or a monthly downline sales volume of at least $250,000
“Monthly downline sales” includes a distributor’s own sales and a “qualified leg” is defined as one that contains at least $400 in BV somewhere in the depth of the leg.
Fast Start Bonus
Fast Start Bonus qualified It Works distributors are paid out a Fast Start Bonus for each “new $199 distributor” they recruit.
Note that these newly recruited distributors do need to meet two specific criteria. Upon joining It Works, in order to generate a Fast Start Bonus for their upline, newly recruited $199 distributors must
- Sign up for an $80 minimum monthly autoship order and
- Enroll at least 2 loyal customers (minimum three-month autoship program)
In order to qualify for Fast Start Bonuses, an It Works distributor must either purchase a Business Builder Kit ($199) or generate $500 in Personal Business Volume (PBV) and recruit two new loyal customers, each on a monthly autoship order of at least $80.
Residual commissions in It Works are paid out using a unilevel MLM compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places a distributor at the top of a unilevel team, with each personally recruited distributor placed directly under them (level 1). Each of these level 1 distributor’s forms an individual “leg” within the unilevel structure.
If any of these level 1 distributors go on to recruit new distributors of their own, they are placed on level 2 of the original distributor’s unilevel structure and so on and so forth.
Using this compensation structure, It Works payout commissions on the sales of distributors in the unilevel down 6 levels (with an infinity option for Emerald Executive ranked distributors):
- Distributor – 10% on levels 1 and 2
- Executive – 10% on levels 1 and 2 and 5% on level 3
- Ruby Executive – 10% on levels 1 and 2 and 5% on levels 3 and 4
- Emerald Executive – 10% on levels 1 and 2, 5% on levels 3 to 5 and 2% on level 6 and down (the infinity bonus)
The infinity bonus pays out 2% on all levels under 6, but is capped once an Emerald rank distributor is found under level 6. In this case the distributor is paid out 2% on all levels up to the one the Emerald rank distributor is on, as well as 2% on the first 5 levels of the ranked Emerald distributor.
The Generation Bonus pays out distributors who have Diamond ranked or higher distributors in their downlines (personally recruited or otherwise).
Paid out as a percentage of the personal sales volume these ranked members, generate, It Works distributors are able to earn the Generation Bonus down 5 “generations” of Diamond or higher ranked Distributors:
- Diamond – 2% on all first-generation Diamond ranked or higher distributors
- Double Diamond – 2% on the first generation, 4% on the second
- Triple Diamond – 2% on the first and third generations, 4% on the second
- Presidential Diamond – 2% on the first and third generations, 4% on the second and 1% on the fourth
- Ambassador Diamond – 2% on the first and third generations, 4% on the second and 1% on the fourth and fifth
A 5% additional bonus is added to any of these percentages if the ranked Diamond distributors was personally recruited (bringing the percentage payout to 7%).
The Customer Acquisition Bonus (abbreviated as CAB) pays out Emerald or higher ranked distributors each time a Fast Start Bonus qualified distributor is placed in their downline.
To qualify for the Fast Start Bonus, an It Works distributor must (within 30 days of joining the company) sign on “as a $199 distributor” or generate $500 in Personal Business Volume, sign up for a monthly minimum $80 autoship order and sign up 2 loyal customers.
How much of a CAB Bonus is paid out depends on an It Works distributor’s rank:
- Diamond – $80
- Double Diamond – $40
- Triple Diamond – $15
- Presidential Diamond – $10
- Ambassador Diamond – $5
How much does it cost to join ITWorks?
It takes a $99 investment in a “starter kit” to join the company. Then, a distributor has to spend a minimum of $80 monthly on products for herself or resale, with extra costs for things like hosting wrap parties or running a website. She earns commissions based on how many “loyal customers” and other distributors she can enroll in It Works!.
My Final Thoughts
Before you decide to join ITworks. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join ITworks, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in the ITWorks business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here! 😊
ITWorks Is Not A Fit For You?
Now, if you feel that ITWorks isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join ITWorks or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.