You are doing research on ACN because someone approached you about it and you want to know if this company is legit or a scam. That’s what we’re about to find out.
If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my ACN review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if ACN a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
More information about this program will be at the end of this post.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining ACN because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other ACN reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if ACN is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with ACN. I stand neutral in the current development of the ACN business.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is ACN?
ACN, Inc. is an MLM company that provides telecommunications, energy, merchant services, and other services, depending on the country, through a network of independent sellers who also can recruit other sellers.
ACN was founded by Robert Stevanovski, Greg Provenzano, Tony Cupisz, and Mike Cupisz. The company is based in Concord, North Carolina.
ACN began operations in the United States in 1993 as American Communications Network. It is now made up of ACN Opportunity, LLC and ACN Communications Services, Inc. ACN operates in 24 countries.
The company’s business model is similar to Legal Shield, 5Linx, Lyconet, and iMarketsLive.
What does ACN sell?
ACN basically offers residential and business services. The services are as follows:
- Home phone services:
- Make calls using your high-speed Internet connection and existing home phone. This service includes unlimited calling to more than 80 landline and mobile destinations. This service is priced at $24.99 per month.
- High-speed Internet:
- Nationwide high-speed Internet in AT&T, Centurylink, Frontier, and Verizon territories. Pricing for this service ranges from $19.99 to $100 per month depending on which service provider you choose.
- Wireless service (Flash Wireless):
- This wireless service is essentially a phone plan and that can include a contract or no contract. There is also an option to have a family plan. There are three different pricing plans: purple, green and yellow. The purple pricing plan ranges from $$23-$64 per month depending on the features you choose. The green pricing plan ranges from $23-$79 per month and the yellow pricing plan ranges from $23-$69 per month.
- XOOM energy:
- This is ACN’s natural gas service. They provide two different plans: surelock (fixed) and simpleflex (variable). With the surelock plan; your price is guaranteed for the term of your service. If you choose the simpleflex plan; your monthly rate will fluctuate up and down, but you can stop or switch your service at any time.
- ACN offers Dish and Direct TV with packages starting at $39.99.
- Home security and automation:
- Vivint home security and automation offer smart home control where you can receive notifications and control your smart home from anywhere, wireless security and surveillance with 24/7 continuous video recording. This service can be purchased for $50 down for the equipment with no activation fees.
Business services include all the services mentioned above as well as:
- Anovia Payment Processing – This is a complete credit card processing solution that permits you to process all payment types; Debit, Credit, Gift Cards, e-commerce, and e-checks. It is an ideal solution for:
- Retail & Shopping
- Hospitality & Restaurants
- Online Stores
- Independent contractors
The ACN compensation plan
There are three central ways for you to get paid by ACN:
- Monthly Residual Commissions – If you bring new customers to the Company, you can earn anywhere between 1% to 10% of their monthly bills. For example, if your personal customers are using a $500 a month plan; you’ll get paid 1% of that $500. That would be a residual income of $20 per month through that one customer. The rate of commission is as follows;
- 1-29 Customer Points = 1%
- 30-39 Customer Points = 3%
- 40-59 Customer Points = 5%
- 60+ Customer Points = 10%
- Overriding Residual Commissions – The Overriding Residual Commissions include the percentage of income you receive based on your people recruited by your recruits.
- The Company uses a 7-level uni plan. It means the people you recruit stay on your 1st level, their recruits go on your 2nd level, and so on all the way down to the 7th level. For levels first, second and third you will earn $0.25%, for level 4 you will earn 0.50% and 3%, 5% and 8% for levels 5, 6, and 7 respectively.
- Customer Acquisition Bonuses – These are bonuses bestowed to those people who can recruit a certain number of qualified downline members within a specified period.
For further detail, please see to their compensation plan PDF document here or watch the video below:
How to join ACN
To become an “Independent Business Owner (IBO)”, the cost is $499 one-time sign up fee.
They claim that this is the cost needed for them to provide you with the basic training and materials to get started with the business.
One notable tool is that you’ll receive a custom ACN website where your customers can join or purchase services straight from your site and you’ll earn the commission.
There’s also a $149 annual renewal fee which according to them is to cover the cost of servicing your business.
Once you join, they’ll tell you that you can get an optional upsell called “Your Business Assistant” at $39.99/month which contains “everything you need” to succeed with the business.
All IBOs are required to spend an additional fee up to $10.00 per week for online meetings.
And up to $159.00 plus your additional cost for food and travel accommodations to attend periodic ACN training events.
What are the pros and cons of ACN?
Here are the pros:
- They have been in business since 1993
- They sell real products
- Residual income
Here are the cons:
- Earning good money requires massive sales
- Subject to a downline dependency
- The cost of the initial investment is high
- Expensive products
- Doesn’t have a really good reputation, many people say it’s a scam, which can give you a hard time promoting it
- 95% of ACN members fail and do not make money
My Final Thoughts
Before you decide to join ACN. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join ACN, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in the ACN business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here! 😊
ACN Is Not A Fit For You?
Now, if you feel that ACN isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join ACN or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.