You are doing research on 5Linx because someone approached you about it and you want to know if this company is legit or a scam. That’s what we’re about to find out.
If you have been here before, welcome back!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my 5Linx review!
One of the common questions I get asked often is if 5Linx a scam or not.
We’re going to take the next few minutes to take a look and get some answers.
The main concern I have for people who are researching this opportunity is that I don’t want them to get burned. In the profession of network marketing, anything could happen.
A company ends up shutting down in a few months due to bad business decisions for being non-compliant, compensation plan change, or the company not paying it’s distributors.
Even worst, your direct sponsor or upline leaves the company. Leaving you hanging to dry.
I understand that many of you are new. Sometimes we are not in a position to make a solid business assessment due to inexperience.
Additionally, I am going to offer you a way for you to escape the ‘9 to 5’ if you decide that this company is not for you.
You landed on this blog because you are thinking about joining 5Linx because someone approached you about it or you just want to try out their products.
Unlike all the other 5Linx reviews on the internet, this is completely third party unbiased. I have no relationship with this company what so ever so when you read this blog post all the way through and pay attention, I can assure you that I am not going to ask you to join or buy.
By the time you have read this unbiased review, you will be able to decide if 5Linx is a fit or not. I do not promote, nor I am affiliated with 5Linx. I stand neutral in the current development of the 5Linx business.
With that said, let’s dive in!
What is 5Linx?
5Linx is an MLM company that offers utility and telecommunication services, health insurance, nutritional supplements, and business services. They are headquartered in Rochester, New York. The company is similar to Legal Shield, ACN, Usana, My Daily Choice, and Amway.
It was founded by Craig Jerabek, Jeb Tyler, and Jason Guck.
5Linx is an unusual network marketing company, simply because it tries to be effective in so many different areas at once. For example, 5Linx offers health and wellness products, along with energy, television and financial services. It’s an odd approach, as most products try to specialize instead.
The company has their 5 principles which are their mantra and the reason they started their business. I think they should add transparency to this list because their needs to be some with this company.
Along with their five principles, they state their representatives come first. Huh, price gouging every chance you get isn’t putting anyone first but yourself.
What does 5Linx sell?
They have 3 product lines in which to sell from.
Home – This includes things such as energy, telecommunications, tech support, and security.
- a “residential energy program” (a portal that offers access to suppliers 5Linx have affiliate deals with)
- telecommunications – VOIP (Globalinx, wireless (Globalinx Mobi), PowerPlay (mobile power pack + speakers), satellite TV (provided through DISH Network and DirecTV), “internet, fiber & cable tv (offered through a number of third-party providers)
- tech support (phone and onsite tech support)
- personal security – data vault (online cloud backup), SafeScore (credit monitoring) and IDGuard (identity theft protection)
- home security (provided by affiliation with Protect America Inc.)
Wellness – These products have to do with healthy inspiring products. Which includes supplements and beverages. 5LINX also has affordable healthcare with access to physicians through phone or live video.
- enhancedcareMD – a ‘supplemental healthcare plan that provides members with 24/7 direct access to registered nurses and doctors for quality healthcare‘ (note this is not health insurance)
- enhancedcareMD Connect – doctor consult service provided through Optum HealthAllies (limited to Optum HealthAllies approved doctors)
- Hi5 Challenge – a “challenge kit” that ‘provides tools to help anyone achieve their health and fitness goals‘
- Hi5 Boost – appetite suppressant tablets
- Hi5 Lean – vanilla shake mix
- Hi5 Edge – a dietary supplement that ‘helps improve endurance, enhanced metabolic activity, boosts cognitive function, supports healthy aging and helps maintain healthy cholestrol‘
- Montavida – “healthy coffee”
Business – These products are targeted towards saving money and increasing profits for businesses.
- payment processing – ‘from virtual terminals with mobile application features to the traditional countertop terminal‘
- energy – 12, 24 or 36 month energy contracts provided via third-party company the “Energy Service Company”
- mobile marketing, which includes “business elite services”, text marketing, mobile marketing for realtors and churches and a mobile website optimizer
- security systems (offered through affiliation with Protect America Inc.)
- satellite TV (offered through DISH and DirecTV)
- enhancedMD Commercial – “alternative health care solutions for your company” (not health insurance)
Here is a full list of their product offerings.
How does the 5Linx business opportunity work?
People who are at least 18 years old can sign up to become a representative for the company. Once they pay the fee and become a representative, they can sell the products to other people to earn residual income.
The company says that people can do three different things to earn money. These include:
- Share the opportunity to become a representative with other people and get them to sign up under you
- Sell the services and products that 5Linx offers
- Help another person to launch a business with this company
In addition to monetary earnings, the company says that representatives can take advantage of other perks, including:
- Car program where the company provides a monthly lease payment
- Annual vacations
- Corporate events
The 5Linx compensation plan
Linx has various bonuses and according to many of the independent representatives I have looked at, they love the 5Linx comp plan.
There are several levels you can attain at 5Linx and you make more money as you climb higher…
- Qualified IMR
- Executive Trainer
- Executive Director
- National Director
- Senior Vice President
- Platinum Senior Vice President
- Double Platinum Senior Vice President
- and Diamond Senior Vice President
How to join 5Linx
When you first join 5Linx as a Marketer it requires you to pay for an Independent Marketer Starter Pack which costs $249. This starter kit includes.
- Personal Starter Kit and Marketing Website
- Live Phone, Email Support, and access to 5LINX ® University
- Residual Income Potential
- Ability to earn Customer and Promotional Bonuses
- Ability to build a Team and Earn Overrides
Along with the initial fee, you must pay a $49.99 monthly fee to continue to promote 5Linx products.
What are the pros and cons of 5Linx?
Here are the pros:
- Multiple ways to earn a commission
- Lucrative bonuses and incentives
- Been around since 2000.
- A training process in place to help people new to the business.
Here are the cons:
- Expensive to join
- Complicated benefits packages
- The never-ending need to sell you the basic stuff for your business, website, extra fees
- The commission is low and hard to earn decent money because of small commissions
- Products can be purchased elsewhere and not exclusive to 5LINX and to top that off, you could start your own website and sell this stuff without all the 5LINX fees
- The compensation plan is designed to benefit the top people at 5LINX and not the bottom people
- More focus is directed at signing people up than selling products
My Final Thoughts
Before you decide to join 5Linx. I would recommend that you try out the products first. See if it’s a fit for what you’re looking for.
If you don’t believe in the products that you are selling, chances are others wouldn’t. Makes sense, right?
If you’ve decided that you want to join 5Linx, you must have the following if you want to succeed:
- A support team and system that will help build your business.
- A mentor that will take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams and goals.
- A constant flow of new leads and prospects that want to join your business.
It is not easy to be successful in the 5Linx business and which is why more than 95% fail.
If you feel the person you are going to sign up with is not going to be able to give you the necessary tools to help you succeed…
You might want to check this out by clicking here! 😊
5Linx Is Not A Fit For You?
Now, if you feel that 5Linx isn’t for you. But determined to find a home-based business so that you can create a legacy for you and your family.
I would suggest that you check out my number #1 recommended program.
This program is the reason why so many people are having success with a ‘work from home business’.
Last but not least (drum roll please)…
I would love to hear from you if you are looking to join 5Linx or if you were an affiliate.
Please share your experiences by leaving your feedback below.
The feedback will help out those who are doing research on the company.