If you are looking for a new MLM opportunity try to find a representative that has or is actually using the product. There are many reasons for this. Many network marketing opportunities promote hype and making claims that are bigger than it is. I feel that some representatives will spit out all these facts that it sounds like a hyped up sales pitch that isn’t real. Even myself being in the industry, I am always suspicious of an MLM Network Marketing rep that talks about how great the product is but never used the product that he or she is trying to sell. Here are seven reasons why you need to be a product of your product to be successful in MLM.
Use the product!
I’ve spoken to some MLM Network Marketing representatives and asked questions about the effectiveness of the product they are selling, only to have them say, “I don’t know, I’ve never tried it,” which is never a good sign. If you really want to be a good distributor for your product you will need to use it to understand how it works. Here are seven reasons why:
1. It builds trust: When an affiliate or customer knows that you have actually used the product it builds some trust. It shows them that you have faith in the product and that you have confidence in it. This will increase their confidence in the product, as you aren’t just some guy trying to sell something, but a user that has real experience.
2. It shows how the product works: By using the product yourself you will actually be demonstrating how it works. Instead of just “telling” someone about something you will be “showing” them, which is always more effective when it comes to MLM.
3. The power of before and after: One of the great things about using the product that you sell is that you can use the power of before and after shots. If you are using a diet supplement you can show how much weight you have lost, which illustrates to affiliates and customers how effective the product can be.
4. You can warn about side effects: If you have some side effects or negative experiences with the product you can actually warn people, which makes you appear more honest.
5. You’ll know the details: A waiter always tastes the food their chef is serving so that they can adequately describe it to the customer. By using the product you will have intimate details about things like the taste, cost, texture, etc. that you can accurately convey to your customers and affiliates. It will also make it easier to answer their questions.
6. You’ll be more excited: When you have used and enjoyed a product you will be more excited to tell other people about it. This excitement will be noticeable and will get your customers and affiliates excited.
7. It is more ethical: So many network marketers lie about their experiences, which is unethical. By using the product you will not be lying to people or misrepresenting yourself. The most successful network marketers are those that use and are excited about the products they sell.
So, when you’re out there, promoting your product, you need to be a believer in whatever it is that you’re selling. People want to know why their products are good. What kind of results they can get from taking the products. Don’t just state facts and try to hard-sell your customers, you’ll never make real money that way. Please comment and share below and what are your thoughts about reps who should be a product of their product and those who are not.