Learning how to sell products, market your brand, and promote your service is a goal that nearly all internet marketers strive for. There are numerous self-help and inspiration books on the market today which are devoted towards giving marketers the latest and greatest methods for improving their sales, increasing conversations and reaching new leads and prospects. The Mackay MBA of Selling in the Real World is an inspirational, self-help and motivational book written by New York Times best-selling author Harvey Mackay.
General Book Information
The book is divided into 82 very short chapters. Each chapter discusses a different internet marketing topic or theme which the author then delves deeper into. Unlike other books which teach a specific course or plan, this book is primarily centered around advice that Harvey Mackay gives the reader. Mackay is a world-renowned author, businessman, entrepreneur and motivational speaker. He has written previous best-selling books including Swim with the Sharks without Being Eaten Alive. The book offers a lifetime of advice that deals with much more than simply promoting and selling products.
The Seven Sections
While the book is divided into 82 short chapters, the book is also divided into seven broader sections which encompass such themes as visualizing your goals, dealing with adversity and setbacks, connecting with other people, effective communication strategies and perseverance and attitude. Mackay does an excellent job at dividing up the sections so the book reads smoothly and easily. The author does an excellent job at giving advice, tying in personal stories, and giving anecdotal evidence for the claims he makes and the things he teaches in the book. Below are the seven major sections along with an overview of each:
1. Learning – Mackay spends a great deal of time and effort discussing the importance of learning new things and learning from your past mistakes. He goes on to discuss the best methods of dealing with preparing to call your prospects, knowing and understanding why the prospect has invited you in, what to say while calling your prospect, and how to speak and present your information with confidence and self-assertion.
2. Closing – Closing the deal with a potential prospect has always been one of the most difficult aspects relating to generating leads and prospects. Mackay gives detailed instructions relating to sealing with deal with prospects.
3. Goal setting – Mackay discusses setting what he calls SMART goals. These goals are more powerful and mean something which makes them easier to strive towards. He goes on to explain that learning and goal setting go hand in hand, meaning you have to learn in order to continually strive towards reaching your goals.
4. Internet – The book goes on to discuss how the power of the internet has drastically changed the marketing landscape in the past 10 years. Mackay discusses how instead of favoring one internet platform over the others, you should be using all of them equally. The author states that using technology in your business will help you close more deals and ultimately earn more profits.
5. Google alerts – Almost nobody uses this very powerful feature in their internet marketing daily activities. Google alerts are a powerful tool which you can use to automatically receive alerts related to products, services and categories which you have selected. This allows you to learn about the latest industry news before your competition, giving you a leg-up and advantage in your marketing endeavors.
6. Follow up immediately – The author describes how you can greatly improve your chances of securing leads and prospects by following up immediately after you contact the prospect. Statistics show that 78% of internet leads will make a purchase from the company that follows up first. This statistic is almost mind-boggling, but in many ways it shows the importance of following up with your leads quickly to avoid losing them to different companies.
7. LinkedIn – Mackay spends a great deal of time discussing how to implement the social networking service LinkedIn in your internet marketing activities. The author claims that LinkedIn and other social networking websites are the way of the future when it comes to securing leads, generating additional prospects, and closing the deal with them.
Overall The Mackay MBA of Selling in the Real World is a book that is full of advice, tips and how-to lists that primarily centers around the art of selling items online, generating more leads and prospects, and converting those prospects into paying customers. The book is littered with motivational advice, tips, and other tricks you can use to sell your products more efficiently. I would highly recommend buy Harvey Mackay’s book by clicking here. He has compiled his life’s work and advice into one book, allowing you to soak up as much knowledge as possible without having to purchase hundreds of different self-help and motivational books.
To your Success,