All people want to be successful, but many seem to lack whatever it is that makes or breaks a person’s chances at achieving their goals. Luckily, the sets of traits that are needed for success are not as genetic as they are environmental traits, meaning they can be acquired. These traits are discipline, perseverance, and imaginative thinking. Here are a few ways for you to get yourself in the habits that could lead to your success.
1. Define Success: It perhaps seems too simple, but a confusion free definition of success is the only thing that can give you the clarity of mind you need to set your goals. Define what it is that you want to achieve. Keep in mind ambiguous terms like “become rich” don’t quite count. You need to have an achievable, understandable and solid goal in mind. A goal that will make you feel you succeeded in your task.
2. Set “Mini-Goals”: Once you define your ultimate goal, you need to divide it to its smallest subcategories. Understand what steps you need to take to complete your journey to your ultimate goal. Make sure you think everything through, and take note of even the smallest steps, and then set a meaningful, logical, and attainable deadline for each one.
3. Readjust Your Daily Method of Operation: Your daily method of operation is all that you do routinely almost every day, including brushing your teeth or eating. Every morning, when you wake up, take a few seconds to go over everything you need to do that day to make your next deadline. This, will give you motivation and keep your motor running.
4. Believe in Yourself: Right from the start, you need to go in with a positive attitude and a belief in yourself that you will most definitely be able to obtain all that you have set out to obtain. If you have chosen your goals realistically, this step will get easier with every goal as each goal will bring you closer.
5. Persevere: We are told by successful people that we should persevere, but they never tell us how. When you try your hardest and still fail, You might find it quite disheartening, and might like to quit. Yet, you know deep inside that you should not give in. The trick is to reach acceptance. Give yourself sometime to grieve, but even as you grieve, try your mode of grievance to be “what can I do differently next time”, rather than “I tried my hardest, I’m just the unlucky type”.
6. Support Yourself: We always say it’s important for people who care about each other to support each other. Well it is even more important for you to care about yourself and support yourself. Celebrate your smallest victories, even if alone. It’s good to make a big deal of what you have achieved, for after all, it is no small feat. The truth is you are completing goals that seem small, but will lead to your final and ultimate goal.
Now it’s your turn!
What secrets can you share that helps with your path to success? Please share your feedback in the comments section and I look forward to reading them!
To your Success,